How to Remove Stains
- Lightly moisten the stained area with water with a wet washcloth.
- Apply enough Stain Rx® to treat stained area.
- If stain is not gone immediately, massage the stained area to loosen the stain.
- Rinse with water and repeat if necessary.
- Launder as usual.
- Rayon or acetate
- Copper, bronze, tin, aluminum, coins and brass
- Marble, granite or other porous stone (it may dull the surface)
- Semi-precious stones
- Porous surfaces
- Silk listed as dry clean only
Carpeting/Upholstery – To remove all stains, please use this process:
Small Stain Removal
- Lightly moisten the stained area with a wet washcloth.
- Put a small amount of Stain Rx® on your fingertip or wet washcloth and treat the stain. DO NOT APPLY STAIN Rx® DIRECTLY ONTO THE CARPETING OR UPHOLSTERY. Remember, a little Stain Rx® goes a long way!
- Vacuum out all the soapy residue using water and your carpet shampooer or wet/dry shop vacuum and let dry.
Full Carpeting and Upholstery Cleaning
- Vacuum the entire carpet or piece of upholstery being treated.
- Clean the entire carpet or piece of upholstery using a carpet shampooer or wet/dry shop vacuum - ONLY USE WATER - no detergent OR STAIN REMOVER at all. The carpet shampooer sprays in water and vacuums it out leaving the material slightly wet. To use a wet/dry shop vacuum you must mist the area being treated with only water then remove it with the vacuum.* While the carpet is still wet from this step, go to step 3.
- Depending on the size of the stain, put a small amount of Stain Rx® on your fingertip or wet washcloth and remove one stain at a time. After treating a stain, remove all the soapy residue from the area using the instructions below and go on to the next stain.* DO NOT APPLY STAIN Rx® DIRECTLY ONTO THE CARPETING OR UPHOLSTERY. Remember, a little Stain Rx® goes a long way!
- Let dry.
You must remove all the soapy residue using the attachments from the carpet shampooer or a wet/dry shop vacuum. Rinse out all the soapy residue using only water and your vacuum. If you leave Stain Rx® residue in the treated area dust will stick there forming a gray spot in a few weeks. If this happens, just add water and remove all the soapy residue.
- Place all jewelry to be cleaned into a small glass or plastic container.
- Submerse all jewelry in Stain Rx® and let sit overnight. If you are in a hurry, soak for a shorter time (15 minutes) and, if needed, use a small, soft brush or cloth to clean.
- Rinse with water and you will see an amazingly clean piece of jewelry.
- Stain Rx® is NOT recommended for cleaning semi-precious stones or any other porous surfaces.